Sunday, October 12, 2008

Prolegomenon


I write about the Bible because I was fortunate enough to attend the Full-time Training in Anaheim (FTTA) for two years as a young adult, after finishing my undergraduate education. During these two years, I studied God's Word, learned Greek, fellowshipped with other seeking believers in Christ, took care of children and college students, and cultivated a proper human living (i.e. one according to the Bible). It has since been my opinion that the years from 20-24 define one's life like no other, and I am indescribably grateful to the Lord, and to the other believers in Christ, who made it possible for me to spend two of these critical years in Anaheim.

Instead of describing the diverse experiences I had while attending school in Anaheim, I felt that
twothree samples of what I wrote there may do more to show its value. In
twothree subsequent posts, I will be re-writing (with only minor edits) my two final exams (the second included two shorter essays) from the course on the New Jerusalem (Rev. 21—22), which spanned two semesters. It is my sincere hope you enjoy reading these
twoessays as much as I enjoyed writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment